Job’s Nursery LLC is an equal opportunity employer that is customer and plant/landscape focused, meaning we want to help the customer find the right landscape solution for their gardening experience.
Download an application and bring it to the nursery with resume. No phone calls please.
The Nursery Clerk is an entry-level position with a focus on customer service, general nursery labor, and the loading of product into customer’s vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Recognize customer need for assistance
- Identify and anticipate customer needs.
- Provide superior customer service
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Plant knowledge preferred
- Basic to advanced computer skills preferred
- Partner with co-workers to satisfy customer needs
- Loading plant and Dry Good materials in to customer vehicles
- Unload and merchandise stock as directed
- Move product within the Garden Center as directed
- Price and sign merchandise as directed
- Watering plant material
- Basic grooming of trees & shrubs as directed
- Perform any Garden Center job function as directed by store management including, but not limited to, sales and merchandising, cashiering, plant care, carry-outs and general Garden Center housekeeping
- Adhere to uniform guidelines
- Work safely
- Understand and comply with all company policies
- Regular attendance and punctual for scheduled shift
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, regularly
- Be able to tolerate changing weather conditions
- Be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Performing General Physical Activities — Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
The retail store is a mix of indoor and outdoor space; the majority of time will be spent outside.
Starting wage: 11.50 per hour